The popularity of golf is increasing steadily in Belgium. If you wish to combine a cultural holiday with some golf playing, Belgium is the ideal destination! The landscapes in Belgium range from the lowlands of Flanders in the west to the Ardennes mountains in the East. The climate is temperate, similar to the UK, so golfers should pack their rain wear!
The main cities of Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp and Ghent offer a distinctly European style of historic buildings, markets, cafés bars and restaurants. They also offer a host of sights to see with innumerable shops, museums and art galleries. Belgium is famous for beer, chocolate, diamonds, lace and speciality markets such as antiques.
Go to www.golf.be to find all the golf clubs in Belgium.
In the city centre of Antwerp, there is also the Green Campus Indoor Golf Centre. It is the perfect venue for beginners and experienced players alike. Besides the golf simulators, Green Campus has a putting green, putting practice room and stretching room. The Green Campus golfing experience is also an excellent way to strengthen your ties with your business partners and employees or enjoy quality time with your family and friends.
Here are some brilliant ideas:
Visit and play golf in Antwerp during a short city break.
Recommended hotels, in the heart of Antwerp, world diamond center:
- De Witte Lelie a four star charming hotel
- Hotel Julien an exclusive charming hotel
- Alfa Theater Hotel in the shopping and theater district
- Radisson SAS Park Lane Hotel near the diamond district
Recommended hotel near the golfcourse and at only 20 minutes from Antwerp:
- Bossentein Golf Club Ranst
A selection of recommended golf courses in the Antwerp region:
- Cleydael Golf Club Aartselaar
- Bossenstein Golf Club Ranst
- Royal Antwerpen Golf Club Kapellen
- Rinkven Golf Club Schilde
- Ternesse Golf and Country Club Wommelgem
Recommended places of interest:
- Rubenshouse Antwerp
- Cathedral of our Lady
- the shopping district near the Schuttershofstraat
- the antiques district in the Kloosterstraat
- Antiques Axel Vervoordt
- Fashion Museum
Recommend tea-time venues:
Typical Antwerp bars: