Antwerp is the Diamond centre of the world! No surprise that is also has the largest Diamond Museum of the planet. The museum will give you the opportunity to learn everything about the magic stones. Look, feel, listen, … experience the whole diamond history with your own eyes. You can discover diamond shapes and diamond colours that you’ve never seen before. Moreover, Antwerp is an amazing city with lot’s of other touristic attractions that you can combine with a visit at the Diamond Museum.
The Diamond Museum
You may choose to take a walk in the Diamond Museum with an audio-guide, that enables you to visit the museum in the language of your choice and at your own pace. Of course, you can also just wander around and enjoy the diamond collections and diamond history without a guide.
Visitors will have the chance to visit treasure chambers and unique diamond collections with diamond stones and diamond jewellery from the sixteenth century untill contemporary times. Also replica of famous diamonds like the Koh I Noor and the Cullinan I are exposed at the museum.
Diamantmuseum Provincie Antwerpen
Koningin Astridplein 19 – 23
Tel. +32 (0)3 202 48 90
Fax +32 (0)3 202 48 98
- 10 a.m. – 5.30 p.m. (entrance until 5 p.m.)
- Closed: every Wednesday (unless Public Holidays), December 25th & 26th, January 1st & January 10th – 21st
Admission fees (audio-guide included): 6 €
- Discount rate 4€ for: 60+, 12+ until 25
- Children -12: free admission
- Train: the museum is located ‘next’ to the Central Station (about 20 meters distance)
- Tram: lines 2, 3, 10, 11, 12, 15 & 24 (Diamant)
- Bus: lines: 1, 16, 17, 18, 23, 27, 28, 31, 35 & 37, and all regional lines (F. Rooseveltplaats or Centraal-Station/Central Station)